Sunday, August 21, 2016

CASology Week 211 - Dream


It's been a while since I've actually gotten a card posted during a challenge...and I'm barely squeaking into the CASology challenge this week!


I had an idea in my mind, but it didn't work out quite like I had planned, so this card was my second idea.


This little elephant was a freebie from SSS on one of my orders, and I think this is the first time the little guy has seen ink! I stamped the elephant and the balloon with Memento black ink and colored them with Copics. I used a double stitched square die from MFT and cut out the square, leaving the balloon hanging off the top edge of the square.  I don't know what the technique is called, but you have to figure out where you want the die to cut, then mark your stamped image and fussy cut it down to the line you've marked, sliding the (in this case) balloon on TOP of the die and then cutting with your Big Shot/Cuttlebug.  I usually don't have it work out this well...sometimes I have a gap between the fussy cutting and the square...but this time, I guess I was holding my mouth right and it cut just perfect!  The sentiment is from PTI.  I added a little gray shading under the elephant so that he didn't look like he was floating!  I cut a slightly smaller panel with the SSS stitched rectangle die, only I cut it a second time to make it a bit shorter and fit the square stamped piece a little better.  Mounted it all on a white card base...and done!

As always, thanks so much for stopping in.  I appreciate your visit...and I appreciate each and every comment!
Photobucket


Pin It!

8 comments:

Sue said...

Absolutely adorable, Susan and your colouring is beautiful.

Jacquie Southas said...

This is so sweet - I love that your balloon overhangs the center panel! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Susan that are the sweetest elephant and lovely sentiment. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Sandra H said...

Oooh so sweet Sue is your adorable card and image x

Vladka said...

What a lovely card Susan :)

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Susan!

Deidre said...

Susan this ellie is super cute! I'm with you on the fussy cutting, my face gets contorted, my tongue pokes out, I stopped breathing lol. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Melissa said...

This is SO sweet, Susan!!! Love that little elephant and your coloring is fantastic!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails