Thursday, August 16, 2012

In the Pink....

I'm playing with a new challenge today.  It's called "In the Pink"  So...guess what the challenge is....yep! Use lots and lots of pink.  I like pink, so I don't have a problem using pink...it's just that I couldn't think of a thing to do!   After much thought, I decided maybe I should use up some of my pink scraps that are filling my scrap bin.

Here's my cards for this challenge:


 For my first card, I selected several different patterned papers and a few solids (trust me....these are all shades of pink), and cut them into ½ inch strips.  I adhered the strips to a white card cut to 4 x 5.25, and just covered ½ the card with the strips.  I found this scalloped piece in my scrap drawer also, so I just cut it to size and pop dotted it over the strips (that covered up the fact that my strips weren't exactly even!).  As a final touch, I added some Ranger Liquid Pearls along the scalloped edge.  The sentiment is from Flourishes and is stamped in Memento's black.  I then added just a tiny little border of the dark pink to the white, then added the finished piece to a white card base.


For this second card, I embossed a piece of white card stock with a SU embossing folder.  I made the heart by weaving 3/8 inch strips of pink (scraps).  To do this, simply cut a square of paper, put adhesive down one edge of the paper, and start your strips there.  I laid out all the dark pink strips (sides touching) down the side with the adhesive.  Then, I took the striped strips and proceeded to weave them under and over, reversing the order of weaving with each strip added.  Pull the strips up tight against each other.  Then I traced a heart on the backing, and used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges (this will hold the woven shape together).  I backed the embossed panel with some of the dark pink, cut a strip of white to stamp the sentiment on, and backed it with the same dark pink.  The sentiment is from Flourishes.  I added a touch of faux stitching to the banner, and folded it before adhering it to the card front.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base.

After finally getting them finished, I can't make up my mind which one I like the most...can you? For more pinkalicious inspiration, pop on over to In the Pink and check out the other entries. Who knows...you might even want to play along! 

Thanks a bunch for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm always looking for ideas to use up those scraps and both of these are fantastic! If I had to choose one, I guess it would the the heart. The weaving, sewing and cutting are impressive!

Christine L said...

Hi Susan

Oh gosh.... your scrap pile sounds just like mine.... endless shades of pink just crying out for a good home! And that's what you've done with them.... FABULOUS use of your scraps in both of these cards..... both brilliant ideas! And I can't decide on a favourite.... they're both gorgeous and you should enter both of them - as you're allowed up to three entries.

Thanks for joining in our very first challenge at In The Pink.. it's really exciting to see so many pink lovers out there waiting to share their passion! Good luck - and we hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine (AKA Posh!) x
ITP

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Hello there fellow Pink lover. Isn't it fabulous about the launch of In the Pink? I stopped in for a closer look at your card. I'm linked at #1 & #103 this week, I'd love it if you stopped by to say hello.

Hi Susan, WOW, I see you had to make two cards as well! I really like both of them. That first one has such a lovely clean design cute little scallop and I like the liquid pearls. LOVE the woven heart. Gorgeous cards.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning creations Susan - the paper-weaving heart is awesome, and I love the variety of patterned papers you have combined in the first one - a CAS design, yet so very effective.

Thank you for sharing with us at our first INP challenge - hope you will join us again next time!
Sylvia xx

The-crafty-corner said...

Hi Susan-Fabby pink cards ! I like them both-but i especially like the woven one :) x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails